And So it Begins
All you need is, to know another person who's already done it. That mixed up with a little crazy and maybe some alcohol then BAM, you could be next.
I woke up to papers on the kitchen table with a pen next to them beckoning me to sign them. Everything was already filled out. All that was left was my signature.
I stood there for a quick minute, felt like forever. Visions of flashbacks rushed through my mind. The time Ben and I had movie date night and watched our first documentary of TWAC. The time we had shots of tequila when Ben signed up for the TWAC 2020 race. The time I first saw Invectus, thinking it looks a lot smaller next to the other boats. All the bottles of wine I drank when he was gone. The tears, the fears and the lonely nights. And all the days I gazed out to the sky casting my prayers out to my idiot husband rowing the Atlantic.
Blink. Breath. Why not.
And just like that I became a future ocean rower. Holy COW! This mama is going on an adventure.


Comments
Post a Comment